There is no doubt that our God is the God of promises. He doesn’t promise much but when He does, He sticks to His word and makes sure it is fulfilled (Isaiah 55:11). God’s promises are heavy; He doesn’t make light promise.
Like the Preacher said, don’t be rash to make promises before God – because He Himself is not rash – when you come before His throne. Doing so makes you say something you’ll regret later and more so, it only makes God angry when you do not fulfill your part. If possible, do not make promises at all because you are a man- you can fail in fulfilling it.
There are exceeding great and precious promises given to us by God the Father in the Bible, in which we are made partakers of the Divine nature. Like the Hebrew writer said, we grow in these divine nature as we progress in the faith of our Lord (Hebrews 6:1-5). These promises are to be exhumed by us, as they are for our own benefits. Some of the promises given to us believers are
- The promise of the Messiah (Genesis 3:15)
- The promise of the rainbow for us not to be destroyed (Genesis 8:21-22)
- The promise of blessings to Abraham’s seed (Genesis 12:2-3)
- The promise of the throne to David’s descendants (2 Samuel 7:12-13)
- The promise of the restoration of Israel and Gentile world (Ezekiel 36:22-31)
- The promise of the Spirit to all flesh (Jeremiah 31:31-34)
- The promise of eternal life for believers (1 Timothy 4:8; James 1:12)
- The promise of the kingdom to saints (James 2:5)
- The promise of second coming (2 Peter 3:9)
- The promise of a new heaven and earth (2 Peter 3:13)
These promises are for us to enjoy/receive and to make our lives better. They are not all spiritual blessings/promises; some are physical and some for our protection/preservation. Some are for our uplifting or promotion, and some to our eternal essence. These promises cover basically, every area of our life.
So when you are lacking anything, look up to Jesus Christ because in him are all promises fulfilled. The promises laid above covers all your needs. Pray to God, hold Him by His word and He will see you through. God bless you.